According to PR Newswire, 2016, Securus Technology is the forerunner in proficiency in the use of technology within the public and criminal justice system. Prison administrators from across the United States posed their commentaries on Securus Technologies, in respect to public safety, investigations, monitoring and corrections.
The Chairman and CEO of Securus Technologies, Richard A. Smith, indicated in the article that their company typically produces a new product or service on a weekly basis, to assist in solving and preventing problems within the criminal justice system. Smith, also pointed out that the company receives a measurable sum of letters and emails from consumers indicating their views concerning what Securus has built and how their products help in public and correctional safety. He implied that “safety” is the DNA of their products.
The article documented several remarks from consumers on preventing and solving crime with technology. All named institutional references and locations are deleted for privacy protection. A synopsis of the several consumer comments are as follows:
- Our correctional facility for over a decade has trusted the technology solutions offered by Securus.
- Securus’ evaluation and growth of evolving resources empowered our investigations and enhanced our jail safety measures.
- Our institution was able to use evidence from the telephone calls to acquire a search warrant for dishonest personnel with the help of Securus’ software.
- Our organization’s practical methods in observing and preventing incidence of contraband in our institution has improved with the use of Securus’ products for conveying data.
- Securus’ technology allowed our institution to monitor calls which involved information regarding inmate alcohol and drug use during their incarceration.
An open presentation invitation is offered to our consumers, contenders, and current/potential investors to visit our Technology Center in Dallas, Texas. Come, see firsthand the development our crime prevention products and services.
PNR Newswire http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/securus-technologies-facility-customers-comment-on-using-technology-to-solve-and-prevent-crimes-300349185.html